Matt asked me to drop by and spill some details about a little project I’ve been working on since April. Back in late 2013, I received some complaints about my decision to turn a planned collection into a digital-only series by releasing the stories individually. At the time, it was a financial decision to help keep Precipice Books afloat.
The ULT series has been a success, and after the release of “The Harbinger,” we decided to revisit the original plan of a print edition. I wanted it to be something special, though. Adding additional content wasn’t enough—I wanted it to be something that readers would cherish, something that they would be proud to own.
UGLY LITTLE THINGS: VOLUME ONE is the realization of that goal.
This book is a limited edition item, exclusive only to those who pre-order it. This edition will not be available anywhere but through Precipice Books, and only for a limited time. In other words, if you don’t pre-order the book by the August 16th deadline, you will never be able to get your hands on one.
Each copy will be signed, numbered, and personalized. The book is 296 pages and contains the following:
- A foreword written by Anthony J. Rapino, author of Reality Engineers and Welcome to Moon Hill.
- The four original ULT stories.
- A separate section titled “Skeletons in my Closet,” which contains an additional twelve stories from my archives. These are stories that have been out of print, or in some cases, have never been published before, including an award-winning novella, “Migration of the Butterfly.”
- An entire section titled “Story Notes,” in which I discuss the origins behind every story in this volume—even the old stuff.
- “For the Fans,” a special surprise for readers of the Monochrome Trilogy. If you’re following Donovan Candle, you do not want to miss this.
Each book will come with an ULT-themed bookmark and a 4 x 6 print of an ULT Kindle cover design, signed by my wife and designer, Erica Keisling.
Oh, and one more thing: In each book will be an additional 4 x 6 card with instructions. Each instruction card comes with a password and address to a website set up exclusively for those of you who pre-order this book. On this website you’ll find a ton of extras, including:
- “The Harbinger” in audio format (and free to download).
- Scans of the editor’s notes.
- Early and unfinished story drafts.
- Concept & design sketches for the covers.
- Early access to the next release in the ULT series–available to you free of charge before it hits Amazon.
As you can see, we’re offering a lot of content with this package. Pre-orders are available to both domestic and international readers—just remember, August 16th is the last day to pre-order!
Thanks for your time.
Here’s the Pre-order Page: http://precipicebooks.com/main/preorder/